Saturday, June 7, 2008

My ride on the fire truck

So you think after putting up with the fire service as long as I have had I would be a pro at most things. Well to most people it will suprise you to know that I have never seen where Brian sleeps at the stations (off limits to anyone but them), I have never sprayed the hose, and I have never gotten to ride in an apparatus while he is on duty... Until last night. Brian is on a marathon 4 day shift. (we love overtime) and asked if I would stop by so he could at least make sure I looked the same. Well they were about the run errands so I, in my all so subtle way, asked the captain if I could come along. He galdly said yes. A little odd because I was in the back with two medics. Yes I know them but I thought I was there to see my husband. Turns out he was driving. But I did get to wear the cool headphone and talk in the mouth piece. So after being a volunteer wife for 8 years and full time wife for 4 I can finally check "riding on a engine" off my list. Next on the list climbing the 150 foot ladder(and hopefully repelling over the other side)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't want to, can I spray the hose?

Julie said...

:) Glad to hear you can add this to your list of things you have done as a firefighter's wife :)

Unknown said...

Did you finally get to slide down the fire pole too?!