
As you can see I added my "bookshelf" on the side bar of my blog. So I thought this would be a good time to say thanks to my parents, especially my mom, for encouraging this habit. If you don't know I was raised by an English teacher. To further that, she is a teacher that does not believe in grade level reading, as long as you do it she doesn't care what book it is. I am going to interject that I have not always been a reader, unlike my brainiac younger sister who read at the age of three. But who is suprised that I rebelled against ALL things in my house. But back to the grade level thing. My mom has raised us with picture books. She reads one to us every Christmas eve (that is one present she can count on). well Brian has now caught onto this and when he is sick or really tired and needs to relax, he will come and ask me to read him a story. Brian is also very understanding of those times I just can't put a book down. He will call home and ask what is going on the story, knowing that nothing was going to get down around the house until I finished the book. So in the end thanks to Brian for being patient and knowing the book will end soon, and Thank You mom for being my reading teacher.
2 comments:
It's true...I visit your post to see how everyone is and what is going on. I'm so glad you enjoy books for children as well. They have been some of my most enjoyable stories. I tried to pick stories the boys could learn from when they were young, so some favorites were "Hatchet" and "On My Honor." The story I loved the most was "The Mouse and the Motorcycle" where we are introduced to the life and times of a mouse motorcyclist. And how about "Bunnicula"? I laughed and laughed and then had to explain to the boys how "a stake to the heart" and "a steak to the heart" could be different. Oh, so much good literature belongs to the young!
Um, I don't know how to take that brainiac comment. That's a lot to live up to.
By the way, did you read Into the Wild? We saw the area where it happened, and I was surprised I hadn't heard you talk about it.
Post a Comment