Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Is that the same house?

So today Bri and I went and ordered our new windows, siding and front door. By the end of August the outside of the house will look nothing like what is does now. I will of course post before and after shots but the changes are going to be great. Right now we have single pane, wood frame covered in lead paint windows. We actually had to sign a paper at closing stating that we sould not lick, eat or sniff the paint. So we are moving to double hung (opens at the top and bottom) triple pane, vinyl windows. They will actually open since our current ones are painted shut. The siding is going from white 1970's wide metal crap to a medium brown, insulated vinyl with white trim. And the fron door will go from a green, scratched up from wreaths, no dead bolt wood frame so easy to kick in. To an all metal, metal frame, deadbolt of my choice can't get in if you wnated to without a key white door. Luckily I work while Brian is planning on doing this. Bring it on!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! Sounds like you are making some awesome upgrades! I can't wait to see your place :)

Anonymous said...

Whatever will you do with the window boxes the lady left?