Monday, September 8, 2008

new means to craftiness


A couple of months ago, Brian's grandma died, and since then we have been cleaning out her house on the weekends. Well last Friday, Brian's mom called and asked if we would be interested in grandma's sewing machine. It was originally spoken for but that person decided other wise. So lucky me with my big mouth, Mary knew I was looking for one. Saturday, Brian and I went over and picked up the machine and all the goodies that came with it, including the cabinet. It is a really nice, newer Bernina machine, that has not been used much, with all the parts and fixins. I am sad to say goodbye to my 1970's Singer, but excited to have a machine that the feed dogs work and does more than 4 stitch patterns. Get ready for the craftiness to flow over!!!!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

That is cool to have grandma's sewing machine. I have grandma's couch, and every time I look at it I have fond memories :) (And then I think - WOW, I need to reupholster this thing!)

Anonymous said...

Oh sad good-bye to the 70's machine. *sniffle*

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks GREAT and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun creating wonderful things. I know Grandma enjoyed sewing and she made some pretty spiffy things. Glad that such a nice machine could go to such a good home. Love that cabinet, huh?