Monday, September 3, 2012

Potty time

We are having an in house adventure this week. We are potty training. I set aside three days of nothing so we can stay at home and focus on getting in the habit. Monday morning started out VERY messy. I went for the straight to underwear approach and setting the timer for every 20 min potty breaks. He didn't make it to the potty once, and I was sick of cleaning up. So nap time came and we changed approaches. We went with pull ups so if accidents happened no cleaning (other than his bum) was involved. IT WORKED. He only had one accident and that was to be expected since I ignored the timer during dinner. YAY for the beginnings of potty training. ***disclaimer - we are just beginning the potty training process. With careful consultation by those involved in Aidan's welfare we are simply getting him used to the idea and the whole process may take months. We do not want to stress out the poor kid with potty training pressure and starting speech therapy all at once. Speech is our main focus at this point, but he was showing interest in the potty so we wanted to latch onto that opportunity as well.

No comments: