Wednesday, August 31, 2011

so much pain

My child loves to be outside, and this works well for me since Brian and I tend to be active outdoorsie peeps. I got a fabulous jogging stroller with the plan to start running. I haven't run a whole lot since my high school soccer days. I eased into it. I started walking everyday and then built up to running. My running had just started (2 weeks) and my foot hurt so I took a week off and went for a run Monday morning. BAD IDEA. I was in so much pain I called my sister to watch Aidan while I went to the dr. I was sent for x rays and after consulting with a TOSH podiatrist I was informed I have a stress fracture in my left foot. I was informed no running for me for at least 3 months and then after another podiatry appt it will be discussed if running at all is in my future. I have already decided no it is not. However, I have moved onto cycling. I loved it before I was preggers and thought why not now. We have a bike trailer for Aidan to ride in, I just needed to get him a helmet.
Today was the first day of our riding workout. So far so good.

1 comment:

the Dancer said...

So sorry about the stress fracture. I haven't had one but I know lots of dancers who have. Not fun at all!! Hope it heals well and that biking works out better!