Monday, September 5, 2011

My Many lessons

I have found a new addiction. the pioneer woman. She has a cooking show on food network, a blog and a cook book. I love them all. Any way this new addiction got me thinking. Thinking about how I live my day to day life. As I went through my list I found one common theme. That theme is Brian has influenced everything I do. My mom gave me a great base of knowledge, but Brian has helped shape it into the happiness I now have. You would be surprised at the lessons I have learned from him.

Sewing - my mom taught me how to sew a straight line, but Brian and amy butler patterns are what really got me going on my obsession. Brian has also taught me how to clean and maintain my machine. He taught me how to serge, I still can't thread it though. He saw an old drafting table for sale and bought it with the idea of a cutting table (I never would have thought it)

Cooking - I knew the basics, but Brian taught me the homemade way. I do not have a fancy set of pans. instead I have a complete set of cast iron ones that I wouldn't give up for the world. Boxed mixes are ok in a pinch but made from scratch are SOOO much better. And smoked BBQ is better than plain.

cleaning -A little bit each day with "natural" products makes the task less daunting. I still hate doing dished though. You dont need fancy detergents or softeners. If you use the right kind and the right amount your clothes are just as soft without them.

Every time I do something it has a root to Brian. There are people who come into your life and make a difference. Brian is the biggest one in my life. (good thing I married him, huh)

No comments: