The latest update from our house is Aidan is still growing, Brian changed shifts at Murray and I am finally feeling better.
Aidan continues to grow. No new "tricks" but he is mastering the ones he has learned. I can't believe his first birthday is only a week away.
Brian moved from C shift to B shift and at the same time moved stations. This was in order for him to fill in as engineer until the testing process can be done. Which hopefully leads to a permanent engineer position for him. There have been several people retire and a couple quit from the department. So there will be several promotions and a few new hires in the next while.
I have been battling viral bronchitis for 6 weeks. The last bit seemed to hang on forever. I still cough a bit but at least I have my energy back. While sick I didn't touch my sewing machine. It was neglected from July 4th to the 24th...maybe that is why it is not working for me currently (good thing I have a back up machine) I did however read several good books. My favorite being Sarah's key. If you haven't read it I highly suggest it but warning it is not a happy feely book. Now that my sewing bug has come back I am doing a quilt along with the shop girls. It is from the book "the farmer's wife quilt sampler" We piece 2 squares a week and when complete we will have 112 squares. Along with the patterns are letters from 1920 farm wives. I have not read any of the letters but plan to one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment