Sunday, August 28, 2011

Just be nice

This past month has taught me a valuable lesson. First, a good friend and lab rat committed suicide. It was a shock to not only me but all who knew her. I didn't think her passing would hit me like it has. I have only had periodic contact with her since I left the lab, but the times with her in the lab were fun and crazy. The lesson from this is to be a little more patient and little more understanding...you never know what is going on "under the surface"

Second lesson is to play nice. There has been some recent events in the extended family and the actions of those involved appall me. I remember my mom telling me when i was younger about a fellow classmate "you dont have to like the person but you do have to be nice" I guess some people didn't get this lecture from their parents...and if they did they didn't listen

I am struggling with both of these events but am determined to learn the lessons.

3 comments:

GRANDMA2THEBEAN said...

I'm so sorry that this has been a difficult month for you. I have a good friend who's son committed suicide in February. She has six grown children and to have this happen shocked everyone. She is warm and loving and was hoping to talk him through his problems, but he made that unfortunate choice. And then those that are left behind have to live with it. She also has a son on dialisys(?)because of kidney failure and he fights with all he has to keep going. How can that be? One gives up and one holds on for dear life. It's something she struggles with every day.

Please remember that joy can be found on the other side of sorrow.

Mary

Shauna said...

I couldn't agree more.

Julie said...

I am so sorry for your loss. And I am sorry your family isn't playing nice. Can't everyone just remember the basics learned in Kindergarten?? :) Love you girl!