Monday, July 12, 2010

Fabulous news

I have had many people ask me if I sell the bags I make. In the past I said no due to copy right laws. I got news today that the copy right laws have been clarified. I can make and sell 5 bags of a pattern before I infringe on copy right issues. So this means I am open for business, but with a limited number.

If you are one of those who have wanted one click on Mac and Murray to see the bags I have made...there are also new ones being released all the time so check back often.

1 comment:

Sarah @ Pink Lime said...

I've been doing a lot of research on this type of thing, and the only way you infringe on their copyright is if you sell a pattern that is based on theirs. Now Patent Law is a whole other issue, so if they have a patent or a patent pending then they can control who and when the items are made in their trademarked way. According to all the legal sites and research that I have done, "cottage licensing" can't be enforced- they have a copyright on the pattern only, not the goods from the pattern. Just thought I'd throw in the 2 cents I'd learned.
-It's so exciting to keep up with your progress here AND I have some things for you, so I'll have to figure out how to get them to you.