Blame it on the pregnancy hormones, the lack of sleep, or me being grumpy...but here are few things that are annoying me. Avoid these and you will stay on my good side.
- Do not touch my stomach unless I invite you to. The only person who can touch me without permission is Brian.
- Do not ask when the ultra sound is. I have no control over when the doctor and insurance do this. My doctor does them at 19 weeks so there are 5 more weeks to go. We will let people know when we feel ready.
- We call the baby Baby Mac. No matter what the sex is, it will continue to be Baby Mac. Our nicknames are Mr. Mac, Momma Mac and Baby Mac. Gender plays no roll in this, so don't try to feminize Mac...that is our last name.
- My labor and delivery will be private...Brian, myself and medical staff. After that, hospital rules are 2 visitors at a time and no one under 14 years old. These are not my rules, they are hospital policy. I just have to obey them.
3 comments:
Who feminizes Mac? And how do they do it? And do they not know your name?
I will still not touch your tummy without permission, but I do like comparing yours to mine. It weirds people out, I think.
BRAVO on following the L&D delivery visitor's policy! Sometimes I just want to punch people with 90,000 visitors in their rooms. Not the moms, of course, but the visitors. People don't seem to get how tiring child birth is! Not to mention it's a time to bond with you, your baby and your husband. So kick people out and don't feel bad about it! Don't know if I said congrats on the pregnancy, so Congrats!!
Shauna...spoken like a true L&D nurse. Are you at IMC? That is where I plan on delivering. I need a good tough nurse with me!!
Post a Comment