Sunday, February 24, 2008
Brian's spanish
I was reading Brian's brother's blog about keeping up on his spanish, that he learned on his mission. This reminded me of a story that Brian told me that I thougt was hysterical. Brian is still fluent in spanish but every once in a while he will come across something that he doesn't know due to the fact he learned spanish from serving a mission. This example is priceless. Brian was called to a home of a lady who only spoke spanish. During the call the flight nurse from life flight told Brian to tell the woman to take her bra off. Brian stood there dumb founded and the nurse asked what was wrong. Brian's statement was "I am not sure now to say that. They normally don't encourage missionaries to request women to take there bras off." Everyone got a good laugh, even the poor patient, who did inform Brian of the proper way to say it. So rest assured all of you out there, Brian now knows how to request you to undress in three languages. (I taught him in ASL that night just in case.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
:)Glad to hear Brian can now say those all too important phrases!
lol- too funny. how are you both doing? better? i hope so!
Post a Comment