Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July

Today we watched the Murray 4th of July parade. This is the first year in four that we haven't been in the parade. But it was nice to watch it for once. But next year I am all over being on the truck again. Brian is on the holiday shift this year, which means he works all the holidays, including today. But he got to come to the parade in the fire engine which provides some nice shade and a big bumper to sit on. Plus all the people throw more candy to them so we get more. It all works out. As for tonight I am chilling with my family and getting ready for the HUGE Payson games this weekend that Brian is scheduled to throw in. let's hope Fires don't foil our plans.

In more community involved news, big changes have happened around here. Saratoga Springs PD started patroling on July 1. Guess I better get to know them, since most of you know how I drive. Also on Sunday the deputy fire cheif at SSFD was fired, so we will see what plays out from that. Several fire fighters walked out with him, and the cheif have given them a week to take a break, but if they don't come back in that time, they are to turn in their gear. Brian and I feel this is a good change and Cheif is leading the deparment in a more professional direction. Let's just hope Brian isn't named D.C. He is gone enough as it is.

HAPPY 4th

1 comment:

Julie said...

We looked for you at the parade, and I am glad to hear that you and Brian had a fun time watching the parade this year! Too bad we didn't know where you were- we could have hooked up with one another!