Saturday, January 19, 2013

not in the plan

Thursday evening I was feeling fine. I even had more energy than normal. But at 1230 I woke up not feeling great. I started throwing up at 1. I couldn't even keep water down. No matter what I did it couldn't stop it and I couldn't get comfortable. At 4am I noticed contractions. By 5 the contractions were constant and strong. I called the dr and was informed to go to the hospital and check into labor and delivery. I woke brian, told him to call in sick since he was due to go on shift. He stayed home with Aidan and I drove to the hospital. I got hooked up to the monitors. Which showed contractions but nothing dangerous. Baby's heart rate was high but he was moving so all good signs. My heart rate and blood pressure were also high. All these things are directly linked to dehydration so I got hooked up to an IV and had 3 bags of fluids pumped into me. I also was given some anti nausea meds to help keep everything in me. After a few hours of fluids everything looked good and I was discharged. I went home and locked myself in my room while Brian took care of Aidan and everything else. Brian even got to do a session of speech therapy, which was nice for him to see how it works. I felt good until dinner time when I got sick again. Brian went to the station and got a few bags of iv fluids and eating a banana and another liter of fluids I finally felt ok. Talking with the dr they are thinking I probably had a stomach bug or food poisoning. I didn't have all the symptoms so they are pretty sure it wasn't the flu, which is good. I am just grateful to have an outstanding husband who can help out and is willing to do so.

No comments: