Sunday, May 20, 2012
solar eclipse
You know I was raised by a teacher, but people are surprised to find I was raised by a scientist as well. My dad is a geologist...although he found out it couldn't support a family so went back to school to get a different degree. But being raised by my dad I learned a lot about the landscapes we live in. From this I have always been fascinated with space. So today was a good day for me.
Aidan and I went to my parents house and watched the eclipse progression through my dad's welding googles paired with my sisters UV sunglasses. Maybe not the most scientific way but it worked. My parents neighbor had a pair of WW2 atomic bomb goggles I looked through too (pretty cool piece of history). We let Aidan take a peek and he pointed to the sun so he obviously saw it and was excited (obviously mimicking my reaction)
Yea for once in a lifetime experiences.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment