Last week I had a "routine" medical procedure. I had an endoscopy scope done. The reason we had it done was I was having a hard time swallowing. In the scope they found my esophagus was raw due to acid erosion, my esophagus was swollen with scar tissue so they stretched it, they also found my stomach pushed up through into my esophagus and they pushed it back down. I was put on a strong anti acid and thought the end was over. Yesterday I got a call informing me that my biopsies they took should that I had elevated levels of H pylori.
I had seen this often in the lab so was not overly worried. H pylori is a natural bacteria found in your stomach. The issue comes when you have elevated levels. Mine are elevated. If left untreated H pylori can cause ulcers and stomach cancer. No cancer cells were detected in the biopsy. To kill the bacteria and avoid any further issues I am on a strong dose on antibiotics. It is triple the amount and twice as long as a normal antibiotic treatment. I have only taken one dose and am not liking it. I feel worse today than I did after the surgery.
Oh well, two weeks of this is better than the alternative.
No comments:
Post a Comment