Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mini Mac is here





Aidan Gus MacNeil was born August 9, 2010 at 0003. He weighed 6.1 pounds and was 21 inches long. Getting him here took some unexpected turns, but it has ended up ok and we are home, happy and healthy.
On my last Dr visit I was measuring big and my blood sugars were out of control so it was decided I would be induced on Saturday night. We went to the hospital at 2130(930 pm) to get things started. My contractions didnt start until Sunday at 0600. All was well. At noon they gave me my epidural and broke my water. Things started to change at this point. With each contraction mini mac;s heart rate would dip, but some right back up. A little worrisome but no biggie. They did a check and found that he was face up instead of down. So with each contraction his front soft spot would be pushed against my pelvic bone. Finally at 2130 I was dialted and efaced and started pushing. I pushed for an hour and half and he didnt budge. Upon another check they found that my pelvic bones are only four finger widths apart. No full term baby can fit through there. So at 2330 I was wheeled off to the operating room and had Mini mac at 0003 on August 9th.
That is the very abbreviated version of my story. All three of us are doing great.

4 comments:

crazymamma said...

yay..he is perfect! i hope u are healing and hanging in there..these next few weeks..nights..months years may seem crazy at times..but just remember u are the best momma EVER! we love you chriss and brian..congrats on little mini mac! he is adorable!

thewhittakerfamily said...

We are so happy that all is well. He's beautiful!!!!! I'm glad to see that he was introduced to Murray right away. What a cute family you all make. I hope you have a speedy recovery Christina. May it be a grand journey.

Julie said...

I am so excited and happy for you. That is a wild birth story- but most importantly everyone is healthy! He is so darling. I can't wait to meet him. I will call you soon to actually talk in person :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my perfect little Mini Mac. Welcome to the family, to the world, to the years ahead full of craziness and wonder. Chriss, you're amazing.