This may be more therapy for me than information for you. I am also hoping it reminds me of what to do and not to do with others who are pregnant. This time there are 2 lists. What got me through and What annoyed me. Neither list is much different than non pregnany life...just a lot more amplified on both ends of the scale.
What got me through-
First I want to say BRIAN - he is what got me through hands down. He told me when I was being a crazy b*$#@* and encouraged me when I needed it. He is not part of the 9cause he belongs well above the rest of these items
1-Iced mochas/italian sodas/ ice water...I became part fish
2-Ice cream/popsicles/frozen yogurt
3-Boppy Pregnancy Wedge - Full pillows were too hot, this supported my belly only.
4 - Keen shoes - they are the only things I fit in the whole time
5-Fresh fruit
6- Lilac Maternity Jeans - these things rock. I even plan on wearing them after.
7- My Mom - she even said that it was justice watching me go through this since I was also an August baby.
8- Naps
9 - homemade gifts - some are even going to the hospital to welcome mini mac.
What annoyed me
1- Conference talkers - Those people who turn everything into a religous talk.
2- Assumptions - dont get me started.....
3- Diabetes - it hasnt been all bad, but I would have prefered not to have it.
4- phone calls - our phones have not stopped ringing since january.
5- Construction - I was patient and made it through! The house looks great.
6- Heat/muggy - really what did I do to deserve 100 degrees and 90% humidity
7- Swollen body - it hasnt been bad until the past two weeks, but my feet and hands hurt
8-Baby crazies - Brian and I dont see the big deal. He isn't going anywhere for a long time so no need to pounce on us now.
9- the phrase "our baby" - Unless you are Brian or I, you have no ownership rights.
These are in no particular order. They change with the hormone levels. Today it is iced mochas and assumptions that are number 1's.
Tomorrow is the last day of work in the lab, the mark of one week to go and just the fact that I made it through one more day.
3 comments:
Wait, wait, wait, so because I married your husband's brother it ISN'T my baby? I'm confused now. Well I'll have to take that announcement on my blog down.
Hang in there, just a little more time. I'm surprised "touching my belly" didn't make the list. Maybe you were better at guarding yours than I was.
oh i guarded Tricia...I even pushed peoples hands out of the way.
It wasn't just the belly! I miss giving my big sis hugs! Let me know when I can recommence that, eh?
Post a Comment