Friday, March 19, 2010

the ultrasound



IT"S A BOY!! Yes, there will be a little Brian running around the world. Watch out!

Overall the ultrasound went well. Baby mac was very Wiggly and naughty at times but we would wait and he would move to a good position for what they were looking for. The ultrasound was amazing. They checked and saw his vital organs. Brain, kidneys, bladder, stomach, heart (with all four chambers), facial features, umbilical cord and the placenta. At first we had a hard time seeing his face since he had both fists up sucking his thumbs. But he moved and we were finally able to catch it all. Everything looks fabulous on Baby Mac so full steam ahead.
The one thing they did find was my placenta is lying low. Which is no big deal while the baby is inside. It functions just fine. The problem arises when it comes time to deliver. If your placenta is too close to your cervix it can block the birth canal, or can rupture during delivery and cause bleeding with me. So in four weeks I will go back and get another ultrasound to see if the growing and shifting has created a bigger gap between my cervix and placentea (90% of the time this is what happens). If yes, than proceed as planned. If not then we move to plan B and have a scheduled C Section with a full term baby. Brian and I are good either way. Our only concern is the health of Baby Mac and that looks fabulous.

Welcome to Earth Baby Boy MacNeil!!!!

PS...About a name. He doesn't have one. Brian and I both believe in meeting him first and then naming him. So for now he will be called Baby Mac (or Mini Mac as Grandpa Dog calls him)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's outgrown his clothes already, from the look of that picture.

And no worries on the placenta. Remember, in the 3 years we've been open, I've only seen one for-real-crazy previa. You'll be fine. Besides, Emily says she'd do a C-section again in a heartbeat! Then you could schedule that 8-9-10.

the Dancer said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I'm glad, I had hoped it would be a little boy (though a girl would have been just as fun!) Congrats and rest up as much as you can!!

mindy said...

congratulations! My hubs and I seem to only know how to make boys (three of them!) so I've come to enjoy them very much. I hope you're feeling good these days!

Shauna said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! i am soo excited!

Anonymous said...

I think Shauna's excited.

Julie said...

Boys are great!! And don't stress too much about the placenta. It will move up. Mine was low too and then moved up in front (for Jonah)so I didn't really feel him moving most of my pregnancy (placenta blocked me from feeling the movement). If you have to have a c-section, the most important thing is healthy babe and mom. But for now, I am sending positive vibes your way! :)

Cory MacNeil said...

I have not check in for a long time. Congradulations.