As the last post states Brian is in Wisconsin. Yes he has eaten cheese, and he says it is good. However that is a side point. Brian is gone. I wake up this morning at 0500 to go to work. Walk into the kitchen to find water on the floor. It is coming from the firdge/freezer. Yep the fridge gave out. Ice and icecream all melted. I quickly call work and tell them I will be late. I grab a laundry basket and throw all the food I can save from the freezer into it and put it in our big freezer in the garage. I then get dry ice and put it in the fridge trying to keep it somewhat cool until I can get home after work and figure what else to do. I call and wake up Brian to inform him that of course this happened while he is gone. I make it to work only 30 minutes late (love living so close). Remember this is all before 0600.
At work we are running short handed and the hospital is full. Yes H1N1 is as prevalant as you have heard . Anyway at about 1300 we notice it is really hot. We turn all the thermostats down but it is still getting hotter. I call dispatch to complain and by the time they get it fixed the lab is 100 degrees. Remember we wear plastic/fabric lab coats.
As I walk in the front door at home I get a call from Brian. His flight for tonight has been canceled and he won't be home for another 24 hours. I don't have to wake up at 0100 to go get him, but he won't be to Utah until 1400.
So I am at home with a limping along fridge, a husband stuck in Wisconsin and two new paris of shoes from the retail therapy for the day.
4 comments:
I'm with you on the retail therapy thing...there's just so other way to get by sometimes right? When it rains it pours...hopefully the weekend will bring a much better day!
I am so sorry. What a crappy day. I hope things start to get a little better!
man- here's to hoping things look up soon! it's going around for a lotta folks. :/
the fridge is in...it is huge. The husband is home...but very tired. The shoes are great...the therapy did it's trick.
Post a Comment