Sunday, March 30, 2008

stress

The stress is getting to both of us. We have to move out in a week and have no place to go to of our own. It looks like a storage shed and my parents basement for now. Which will be a grand time with an 85 pound lab and no yard. We made on offer on a home but they are arguing with us on move out dates. We are running into problems because a week after we close on our Saratoga house Brian leaves for a week, and I really can't sign anything on my own. Everyone is telling me everything will work out, but they aren't the ones that are living out of boxes. I just want this all to be over with. I told Brian to call me when the papers need to be signed, and not a minute before.

3 comments:

the Dancer said...

This is unrelated on housefinding because you'd both want to find something, but you can get a power of attorney and then you could sign for Brian if you had to. I have one for Cory and when he was deployed I was able to move into our apartment without putting my name on anything. You could do a lot more with a power of attorney as well, but you can keep that to yourself! ;)

Julie said...

Power of Attorney is an option to consider. You can make it very specific by stating that you have the authority to sign in his behalf only during the week he is out of town. It is a pretty common thing for folks to do, even with mortgages :)

I am sorry that this is such a stressful time for you. I can imagine that things would be pretty crazy. Take a deep breath. Worse case scenario- Murray gets a little stir crazy and you live out of suitcases for a few weeks. Will it suck? Probably. But you will get through it :) Let me know if we can help!

crazymamma said...

Oh Chriss----I wish i was there to be with you. We have our sherwood hosue open as of tonight...you and brian need to come up here !!! You know i love u..i will call you later today