Thursday, March 7, 2013
the first week home
I knew the first little while at home would be rough and an adjustment but I really was not prepared for the events that did happen. We were released on Thursday and that day was uneventful. Brian had taken the week off of work so I figured what I couldn't do he could. Friday I noticed Aidan coughing during his nap, but he seemed fine when awake. Then Brian said he hadn't felt good for about a month so encouraged him to go to instacare and get checked out. Turns out he had a huge sinus infection along with his allergies. Antibiotic started so all should be good, right? WRONG. Saturday everything imploded. Aidan's cough was a full blown cold, the worst he has ever had. Brian ended up having a reaction to the antibiotic and it made him more sick than before. So Saturday and Sunday was a struggle to get through. I will admit there was a good amount of tears shed on my part from everything. Surgery, newborn, hormone crash, sick toddler, sick hubby...too much for this person. Finally Monday rolled around and Mary showed up to help out. Brian headed to work, hesitantly. Mary was my savior. I finally got some good sleep while she watched Aidan and helped out in every way when we were awake. That night Brian went to the station and got 2 liters of IV fluid pumped into him. HE also contacted instacare who called in a new antibiotic for him. Monday night at bedtime I finally had my helpful and energetic husband back. We found a cough medicine that worked for a 2 year old. And I had a baby who was figuring the difference between night and day in a good way. I could finally see the end and told myself if I could make it through the first two weeks like this I can make it through anything. We are now on Thursday. Brian is feeling much better, Aidan is on the mend but heavily medicated, Easton is still sleeping like a rock star, and I have my energy back and feel like I might be able to handle two kids after all. Here's hoping our future is healthy and happy with all that we have had this past week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment