Brian works hard in order for me to stay home with Aidan. We both knew that his time at home (or lack there of) would be a sacrifice. I am perfectly fine with this, but other people tend to not "get it". They request Brian's presence even though all we want is to have him home. Take for example this week. He was on duty Saturday and Sunday. Worked Ross Monday through thursday (7 am to 7pm) and then will work Murray again Friday and Saturday. He also worked the 4 previous days to that at Ross. NO DAYS OFF. So it baffles me that people call and want his time.
On top of this we found out yesterday that he is moving from C shift to B shift so his on duty days will be screwed up for a few days while the change happens.
I love seeing Brian interact with Aidan. And Aidan adores his dad. so it breaks my heart to see others take that daddy/son time away for something they feel is more important.
I guess others will never learn so Brian will have to learn the word NO.
3 comments:
family comes first for sure. gotta have that balance. good luck with the shift change and in helping brian learn 'no'. :) you guys are great! we need to visit again soon!
Hey I need Brian to come help me install a new sink. ;-)
Coming from being the breadwinner- yes. Brian needs to learn to say No. It of course isn't easy, and of course he is going to have days when he needs ome me time or some guy time or whatever on his coveted day off- but family has to win over everything else. I was working an extra job the other day and Wyatt was literally heartbroken that I was leaving again. He set me straight and reminded me that it was HIS day. It is hard, because you do what you have to do to make sure all of your financial bases are covered- but in the end- Aidan relaly just wants TIME with his Daddy. Nothing else matters to him (even if he can't express it yet). So Yes to saying No. I turn down invites/requests/and yes, even church callings (gasp) just to make sure that I spend the time I need to spend with my kids.
Post a Comment