Sunday, July 17, 2011

Books

As Aidan grows his interests are becoming more focused. Right now it is cars and blocks. But the one thing that has stayed the same is books. I can hand him a book and he is content for a long while. I have a couple of board books in the car that he looks at while riding. For his birthday I can't find a toy that jumps out at me so instead I settled on a stack of books. He is now into the texture books and loves to sit with them at play time and touch all the pages. He makes his english teaching grammy proud.

On other news. He now says dada, mama, yum and yeah...yeah is sporadic and momma is only when he is crying. He pulls himself to standing a lot. Last night he woke up in the middle of the night, and even though we have lowered his mattress he managed to fall out of the crib. Not a fun sound to wake up to. But he is a tough kid and after a little crying and warm bottle he went back to sleep...too bad mom didn't. At least dad picked up the phone when I called him when it happened.

No comments: