Thursday, February 3, 2011

Unloading

I look back over the past few months and think HOLY COW. They have been fabulous, terrifying, elating and sobering all at the same time.

Aidan is growing like a weed. Even though at his 4 month appt the dr was worried about his growth. When I took him in at 5 months he proved the dr wrong. He LOVES solid food. He shakes his arms and bounces in his high chair when he sees me get the bowl out of the cupboard and his spoon out of the drawer. He rolls any chance he gets. Storytime is no longer side by side since he just rolls away. He now sits in my lap. And when I say sit he is almost sitting on his own. He can stay up for a few seconds and then wobbles over. He recognizes so many things now his favorites being dad and murray. Aidan will also grab anything you give him. This is good and bad at the same time. But whatever you hand him will end up in his mouth. Which leads me to the 2 things that made an appearance today. I knew they were coming but they have now shown themselves. Aidan is also Mr vocal. he talks and jabbers at his toys and with you. His facial expressions while he talks are hysterical. Recently I have made it a habit to go to the Murray Library for wiggle worm time. Aidan loves this. We sing action songs and read a story. There are dozens of other little ones that Aidan sits and watches. We grab a bag full of books while there, too.

Brian is still busy providing for the famliy in order for me to stay home and witness the miracle of our child. His new passion while he is off is the BBQ. Tht thing was probably the best investment we have made in a long time.

As for myself. The past two months have been up and down. The ups are amazing. Watching Aidan is the highlight. I have also started to write tutorials for the material gilrs blog. I enjoy this so much. I am able to be creative to the max. I come up with the ideas, I figure the patterns out and then write the tutorial. I hope that this will open doors for me in the future when it is time for me to be career focused again. I also appreciate my friend, Nadine, for letting me do this. She gives me complete creative freedom and supports all that I do. With all this I also have been coping with the fact that my older sister has leukemia. I look back on the night we found out. I havent cried that hard in a long time. There was little sleeping that night. I wasnt sure what they future held. I knew I would do everything in my power to help her, but wasnt sure what that meant. Two months later and things are looking up. There is always the unkonwn since her type of cancer will never go into remission, it will just be controled. The biggest heart break for me was when she said that she wasnt scared, that after going through her divorce, cancer was easy. I was shocked to hear that JA leaving her scared her more than cancer which could end her life.
Overall things are good. I love where my life is and can only hope that it continues to be as adventurous as ever.

No comments: