Saturday, January 16, 2010

9 things that have gotten me through...so far



If you haven't heard, I am pregnant. 10 weeks to be exact. Yesterday we had our first visit with the doctor. Everything looks good with baby and I. She did an ultrasound to make sure that the size matched with my due date. It did so I am due on August 14th. The nugget can be seen above and the squiggle on the bottom is the baby's heart rate. The doctor had a hard time getting any measurements since the baby was wiggling so much.
Not very many people knew I was pregnant before yesterday... and no it was not because I didn't know. We have known since Dec 1st. We decided to wait until the all clear from the doctor was given. Yes I have had all symptoms of the first trimester. Tired, nausea, body aches, tight pants, I have had everything...just hid it well and complained only to Brian.

Here is a list of 9 things that have helped me survive thus far.
1-Lucky Charms
2-Lemonade...the real stuff no fake
3-belly bands...let me stay in my normal jeans
4-milk...lots of it
5-saltine crackers
6-sleep...i basically work and sleep.
7-warm showers
8-walking my puppy...so she knows she is still loved
9- Brian working feverishly to get the house in shape.

5 comments:

the Dancer said...

Congrats to you guys! I'm so happy for you both. I love seeing the ultrasounds, even if I can't tell what it is! Here's to hoping your second trimester is better! (Sorry but the third is bad no matter how you look at it). Love you guys!

crazymamma said...

WOOOT WOOT! WE ARE SOOOE EXCITED FOR U GUYS! I GET TO BE AN AUNTIE!! hehehehe...(i hope i get to be the portland auntie anyhow)! the boys were really excited too! This is soo awesome for u guys and i cannot wait! baby mac..awwww...we love he or she so much already!

Shauna said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting! I can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or a girl! Hopefully the nausea, exhaustion etc. etc. goes away and you can enjoy the rest of the pregnancy! :)

The Mac Clan said...

lets add Raspberry Italian Sodas to that list.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad y'all have gone public. Although, really, dinners with your baby sister and her lab knowledge haven't helped at all? Looking forward to my bday gift, but I still don't want it framed. Love you!