Wednesday, June 10, 2009

the roof and the rain

Today on the news they reported that in the 10 days of June we have been through it has been the wettest in the past 20 years. In the past 10 days of June I have lived with no roof for five of them. Way to pick em Bri!
But I am happy to report that the outside work is complete. It looks fabulous. WE are now working on the inside. Stabailizing the rafters a little more, putting up insulation and hopefully next week putting up sheetrock.
On a side note. I LOVE THE RAIN. Yes I grew up in Utah and currently live in Utah. But for one year I lived in Washington. Therefore I was able to call it home, and still do. Home is where you heart is, right? Weather like we have been having makes me happy and content. The sound of it hitting any surface (the roof, the windshield, the pavement) makes me feel a little bit more peaceful. Today I sat in my car in the driveway with the sound of rain around me. I cherish every rainy moment cause I know that it won't last in Utah. Why caouldn't Portland fire have called Brian before Murray?!

No comments: