Wednesday, June 3, 2009

the roof, or lack there of

This week has been a very tiring and stress filled one.

Monday morning a bunch of the Murray guys came over to help with the roof. They got everything pulled off all the way to the beams, like planned. But placing the new beams didn't go as fast as they thought.

I came home for lunch to find that one of the guys had fallen through and landed on the couch. Good for him, bad for the couch. Now we need a new couch. When I came home from work for good, Brian let me know he had dropped a board and it broke the BBQ. Now we need a new BBQ.

Then the rain started. I have not seen so much rain in a long time, and we had no roof to keep the water out. Brian and I got up on the roof in the down pour and lightening to pull tarps over everything. There was already a lot of water in the house but if we could stop it from damaging anymore we would try. Little sleep happened that night. Now we need new sheet rock on two walls.

Tuesday went much better and the only things that broke were the things we wanted to.

Today is not over yet so we will see what the rest of the day has in store for us.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

BOO!! Good excuse to buy a new couch, right?? I hope your trauma is over soon! That sucks!

Anonymous said...

And in the middle of it all, you made me the cutest bag ever!

crazymamma said...

holy crap...and i thought i had a rough week! i am soo sorry that totally sucks! Dont you just love home improvement projects! hahaha NOT!!!!!