Friday, March 27, 2009

My Happy Place







At the end of a rough day at work, or anytime a stress relief is needed you will find me at a strip mall in South Jordan. My three favorite places are all in a row and it makes for a fabulous couple of hours to unwind.
The first place is Material Girls, the BEST fabric store around. I have been to lots and always find what I need there. They were even voted one of the top ten quilting stores is America. Nadine, the owner, is amazing. I go so often she knows my name and what projects I am working on.
The next stop is Downtown Philly. The best cheesesteak sandwhiches around. I always get a traditional. They even have Birch beer and the east coast version of Little debbie cakes. But I don't get any dessert there cause my last stop is Over the top cookies.
Over the top cookies can be summed up in one word...YUMMMM. They are wickedly good cookies, that are not your normal flavors. All of them are good, but my go to is the peanut butter cup collison.
This is my happy place.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

I'm not even hungry and this is making me want to eat!! Just beware of The Pie over there. Last time I ate there I got ill! But cookies and cheesesteaks...you can't really go wrong with that!!

Julie said...

Sounds like a great spot! Although, I have a hard time believing any restaurant can make a better philly cheesesteak than Moochies! :) I'l have to try it out!

Anonymous said...

Why have you not taken me to either of these places? I'm so behind the times.