Monday, June 25, 2007
Evacuated again
Last night was an exciting night at our house. A wild fire had burned all day yesterday on top of the mountain. At 2400 when we went to bed the fire was a safe distance away, we even took pictures of the fire burning on the ridges, then at 0200 all heck broke loose on the radio. THey were calling for all available units to help with structure protection. I looked at Brian and then jumped out of bed and pulled the drapes back. Out our window we all we saw was a wall of orange and red flames. The voices on the radio got more frantic. Then came the loud speaker that all need to evacuate. (second time this summer) Brian then called me and said for me to stay put. He would come get me if I was in more danger. At 0400 Brian showed up for a drink and said the fire had moved south away from us but closer to the dynamite plant. That was not comforting, but I went to bed anyway. This morning I jumpedon one of the 4 wheelers at took picutres of the aftermath. ( the white flecks in some of the night pictures is ash falling on me)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW!!! I am so glad that you all are okay and that it didn't come any closer to your house! I wondered if it was in your area...but had no idea it was THAT close!
Post a Comment